Friday, May 04, 2007

48 hours in Jamaica - PART 2




I went back to the room -- greatly relieved to be away from the people who wanted to be helpful all through town as well as the man who wanted to kiss me and love me.

I took a cool shower, put on shorts and a t-shirt, and decided to take a nap. I slept for 90 minutes. By the time I woke up, it was 4p and I was really quite frustrated with everything.

Everything.

And it wasn't going to start getting better...not yet.

For the rest of the afternoon and into the evening I did two things: I read River's REDEEMING LOVE and I worried.

I worried about credit cards and debit cards and my bank balance.

I worried about sunburn.

I worried about the frog that decided to get stuck in my shower (until, that is, I rescued him and set him free).

I worried about whether I should have purchased the stuff I got from the woman at the Fort.

I worried about how I would pay for another meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment