Monday, February 09, 2009

Gracism


David Anderson's book titled Gracism has captured me again. I picked it up without much thought over the weekend and read the introduction. I'd encountered this book before -- had read it's principles many months ago. I'd even purchased a case of the book and shared them with Wycliffe's leadership. Funny how time and circumstances and whatever else God is doing in me has changed me so that I heard these words anew. I love that.

Anyhow, it was a metaphor that Anderson used that took my breath away. He was laying a foundation for his book -- sharing how the Kingdom of God is diverse and unified and that therefore the Church is diverse and unified and should better reflect that reality. The statement that caught me was that in heaven "there will be one church and it will be multicultural. One bride, not a harem...."

I'm slowly making my way through the book -- chewing over each morsle and trying to digest it into application and not just informaiton this time. I'll tell you how that goes.

In the mean time, if you want to read an interview with Anderson you can do that here.

No comments:

Post a Comment