Friday, September 29, 2006

...for free (continued)

Neither the hair shirt or the soft birth will do. The place where God calls you to is the place where your deep gladness and the world’s deep hunger meet.

- Frederick Buechner

Me? I love to facilitate the "ah hah" moment. It's a huge part of why I loved teaching high school and why I've loved being a part of the communications team for Wycliffe USA. I've loved leading short-term missions trips, in part, because of this almost certain thing too.

I've found that whenever I'm obedient to God's call on my life -- whether it has been a call for a long or short season -- the "ah hah" seems to be involved. Often to my initial surprise. Often creating a personal ah hah or two along the way. And there, walking in obedience, I do find this meeting of my deep gladness and the world's hunger. Somehow, God orchestrates the universe so that each on of us is created for and called to a something that, when we follow, is fulfilling and is also true service. Maybe this is what a "spiritual act of worship" is all about in Romans 12.

No comments:

Post a Comment