Wednesday, April 01, 2009

No Foolin'

Yes, I know it is April 1 and that tradition would suggest I should write a "gotcha" blog today. That's just not going to happen.

Oh, I loved April Fools editions of high school news papers. They gave us as student journalists a chance to stretch our creative wings a bit more than straight news would tolerate. Besides, there is something funny about seeing a headline announcing that the principal has two heads and is the offspring of an alien.

Today, Filbert and I are setting out on our first international trip together. We woke up in Orlando. Before we climb into a real bed again, we will have been in Detroit, Tokyo, Bangkok and Chiang Mai. We will have spent many hours on Northwest Airlines planes (while getting full Delta Airlines frequent flyer points).

If Filbert gets creative along the way, I'll be sure to report that next time I get internet access and have my laptop out. Until then...don't take any wooden nickels.

2 comments:

  1. Did you know that there is a Stumble Upon group called Hubbard's Cupboard? http://hubbards-cupboard.group.stumbleupon.com/ - A group for the lampooning of the ridiculous ideology put forth as religious dogma.

    ReplyDelete