Tuesday, October 02, 2007

The Names of Jesus





This past week I was struck by a passage from Matthew 1 that speaks of two of His names: JESUS and IMMANUEL. "Jesus" because he would save his people from their sins. "Immanuel" which means "God with us" because He is the incarnation of God himself. I love that these two names are declared of Him at birth and practically in the same breath of text.

He is not a God who hangs around me because He is ignorant of my lostness -- He knows full well that I need to be saved and is the only One who can. And He does.

He is also not a God who comes to save me from my mess and then leaves me alone to figure out what to do next. He remains. "I am with you...always. To the end." He promised.

Jesus. Immanuel. I love those names.

This graphic is something I designed a few years ago for the Women of Solid Faith Retreat in Indiana.

No comments:

Post a Comment