Monday, September 08, 2008

2008-10 Board Monitoring Report

One of my more recently acquired responsibilities is to produce our semi-annual Monitoring Report to the Board of Directors. Essentially it is the way (along with an oral presentation by our President) that Wycliffe USA is held accountable for what we say we are going to do and how we say we are going to do it.

(Actually, our Board is a policy driven board -- so they are responsible to give our President a clear and fairly focused set of results to achieve as well as what are called "executive limitations" that draw some parameters around how those results can and can't be achieved. Finally, they confirm our organizational core values, establishing in a formal way  with these three bits just who we are and how we will go about conducting business. So, this Monitoring Report essentially gives the Board a glimpse of our progress toward achieving the results we have been given to achieve.)

While aspects of the work have occupied my thinking and time on and off for the past month or two, this is been my obsession for the past week plus. Thankfully, I have been able to enlist the help of our Project Manager (Erica) to do some of the leg work (a part of the project that I not only don't enjoy doing, but that I'm also not very good at doing well -- and something that she does nearly to perfection) and I've been able to focus on the things I do.

This project does play to some of my strengths (both some natural ones and some learned ones) and I find it personally rewarding to learn all that I do in the process.

If all goes according to plan, this will go to the printer in the morning and we will have it in the mail to the Board Members in their notebooks by September 15.

No comments:

Post a Comment