Tuesday, September 01, 2009

2 hot chicks in 1 hot car

Becky, my cousin, posted this photo on her Facebook page recently. I grabbed it and tossed it here on the blog both because it's just such a cute pic which I had to share and because it brought back memories. This may have been the first appearance of these 2 hot chicks in 1 hot car, but it was not the last.

Back when we were both in our 20-somethings (days when I was teaching high school in Indianapolis, Indiana and Becky was running a day care center in Council Bluffs, Iowa) Becky invited me to join her on a business trip. I was on summer break and visiting family in and around (mostly around) Omaha. Becky needed to make a run to Kansas City to get some supplies for the daycare. I could ride along.

Now, the fact that we got up rather early was carefully calculated. The plan was to get to the store when it opened, make the purchase, and then head to Worlds of Fun (was that the name?) for an afternoon of amusement park madness. It was a good plan.

There was one more factor that made it a GREAT plan -- Becky was the proud owner of a brand new Mazda Miata. It was the premier year for that adorable, speedy, convertible. We had way too much fun speeding down the highway turning heads. And the drive home that night...top down...gazing up at the stars (benefit of being the passenger) was spectacular.

Great memories.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, the bygone convertible days and the summer I learned how much I love sunshine... :-)

    ReplyDelete