Thursday, August 23, 2007

Nebraska

I mean no disrespect when I say that some of you reading this can never understand my love for this state in which I've never lived (I am the ONLY person in my family who can say that, by the way) and which is mountain-less and beach-less.

In a couple of hours, I'm hopping on a Delta flight through Cincinnati to Omaha where we'll pick up a rental car and drive to Lincoln. Two other colleagues and I will be attending the annual meeting of the North American Forum of Bible Agencies held, this year, at the headquarters of Back to the Bible.

After I drop the two of them back off at the airport in Omaha on Saturday morning, I am staying to hang out with family for a few days. I am NOT being sarcastic (so if you're reading it that way, go back and change my tone of voice in your head and try again) when I say that I'm excited to be going.

Nebraska in August may be occasionally HOT and HUMID, but I hear that the corn is high and green and gorgeous this year! And I hear that the Husker women's volleyball team is #1 in the nation (and we have tickets for Saturday night!!).

Now, I've not found many wi-fi hot spots in the places where I'll be, so don't expect real-time updated to this blog while I'm gone. I'm sure you'll be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment