Thursday, June 19, 2008

A Different Kind of Java Jive


I think one of the reasons that this statement spoke to me is that I have found coffe everywhere I've ever traveled (a limited list, mind you -- certanily not making any blanket "everywhere" statements myself) -- and I've found that it is commonly available. That is, regular people in the course of their lives consume coffee. While a Mocha Frap at Starbucks can be out of reach financially to the average person in the places where it is sold, a regular cup of joe is fairly accessible.

Just got me thinking. When I think, I often doodle (either on paper with a pen or on a computer screen using PhotoShop).


Giving credit:

I found the image of the coffee cup on a website (using Google Image Search) for Fair Trade Norfolk. It was on their DOWNLOAD page with this information:

Coffee with a conscience - linking producers and consumers the world over.
Dimensions (in pixels): 2007 x 1772
Size: 487 KB
Copyright: Co-operative College

I found the statement on a colleagues's blog and really liked it. I do not know if it was original with them or if they heard it somewhere else. If I find out, I'll let you all know. I like to give credit for things when I am able to do so and dont' want to take credit for things that aren't mine.

1 comment:

  1. But what about us tea totalers! I guess the concept still holds.

    ReplyDelete