Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Reaching the Last Languages



Because I've read the end of the story (in Revelation), I know that the Lord will one day be worshipped by people from every nation, tribe, and tongue.  The question is not whether this will be done -- but how, and when. I believe that God is bringing together all sorts of things -- technology, partnerships, movements, etc. -- that are providing the right environment to see the last language communities reached with God's Word and Truth in this generation.

I've been serving with Wycliffe Bible Translators since February 2002. When I came, I was more passionate about "missions" than I was about Bible translation specifically. Convinced, however, that the Word of God is critical to life -- not just religion -- I have been able to fully engage in this work that provides access to the Scriptures for all people on earth in the language and form they understand best.

Over time, God has used His Word and participation in the mission of this organization to deepen my conviction that God's Word in the heart language is critical if the Church's ultimate mission -- to produce fully devoted followers/worshippers of Christ from among all people groups and language communities of the earth -- is to be accomplished. 

That is the simple explanation of why Wycliffe is engaging in the Last Languages Campaign. This video shares some of that story and I'll be writing more about it in this blog from time to time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment