Tuesday, January 29, 2008

I Voted

Today, Florida held it's primary elections and I voted. It was way too easy for me, so I really shouldn't be too proud of my patriotism. I entered the building through the WordSpring door instead of the main office door, signed my name, used a touch screen twice to share my choice on two candidates and one amendment. Then I got a sticker. (See...I'm still wearing it at the end of the day.) I then walked down the hall and took the elevator up to my office. Wycliffe is the polling place for my neighborhood. I kind of felt like we should all push the Easy button after we were through. It's so easy, it's easy to take it for granted -- the privilege we have to vote. The responsibility we have as well. I'm trying to not forget how this, too, is a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment