- breakfast and early departure from the hotel
- 2 hour van trip over the mountains and through the forrests (Dex was our guide)
- motorized boat trip out to the island
- boat ride into the underground river (with a guide who paddled the boat)
- a "walk" on the monkey trail (that included steep, wooden stairs and then cement stairs)
- motorized boat trip to the beach back on the main island
- lunch on the beach (tuna, pork, salad, rice, soup, soda)
- 2 hour van trip back over the mountains
- quick stop at a Vietnamese refugee community with few inhabitants
- hotel for a shower and pre-packing before the evening banquet
I traveled with Sandy, Cory, Kristy, Donna, and Jeanne. Great group. We laughed...a lot.
And, for me personally, after a week of GREAT events held mostly in hotels and other buildings and in the city... I was SO READY for some outdoor time. I needed to see trees and sand and sunshine and flowers and critters of all different sorts. This was a very refreshing day for me. Yeah, nature and time with smart, fun, women who like to laugh a lot -- a very good day.