Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Well into my 4th week away from home

I'm having a great time traveling. Thank you to those of you who have been praying for the "basics" like safe travel and health and other logistics involved in my being away from home for 5 weeks -- in multiple countries on two continents and eleven airplanes and more busses/vans/tricycles, tuk tuks/cars than I can count.

I have to say that with all the places I've brushed teeth and eaten and hydrated (trying to be wise but not OC about biological enemies), I feel extraordinarily blessed to have had nearly NO sickness on this trip. Nothing more than a normal 3+ week period of time anywhere. Yippee.

I also must stay that at each step along this journey, God has provided little things that I greatly enjoy at just the right time. I try to not seek out all the luxuries of home when I travel -- it takes too much energy and is a set up for disappointment. But once in a while a cold Diet Coke is such a treat. I can get them here in Thailand for a reasonable price and the cans are gorgeous -- a bonus for me personally.

But all this stuff I'd give up in a heartbeat if I had to choose between these "incidental" provisions of God and the ones that really blow me away -- like laughter and beauty and hope and truth shared with brothers and sisters. Oh, that is the sweet provision of God, by his grace, so beyond what I usually remember to ask for. I'm so glad He knows me well and loves me well just the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment