Thursday, July 12, 2007

Aileen Agoncillo



This is my friend, Aileen. She came to Orlando about a month after I did in 2002. I'd joined the design team and she the electronic media team -- both in Communications.

Since that time we have each said "yes" to God's call into new leadership roles more than once. We have planned and worked, dreamed and prayed, laughed and cried together.

This past year, Aileen has been making the transition from a salaried staff position into a fully supported staff role -- a journey that is reaching what is feeling like a crisis point to me. In the next couple of weeks, she'll complete her service with the Communications department for Wycliffe USA and will begin a season of training and relationship building before moving into a role with Wycliffe Asia/Pacific.

What's the crisis? She's moving away!

I know, I know. I should be used to it. I should expect it, even. It "comes with the territory" of full time ministry. True, all of it. BUT, that does not change the fact that sometimes it is costly, this obedience. This is one of the "costs."

Anyhow...

As soon as she is "released" to an assignment (something that will happen once she has commitments for 100% of the financial and prayer support she needs to live and work in Manila where she's taking her first assignment), she'll circle to the other side of the globe and join the Monsoon team.

I'm 100% supportive of this move -- it's a great fit for Aileen. I've seen God working in her life, preparing her for this next challenge and adventure.

Still, it makes me sad to see her go.

If you're interested in knowing more about what Aileen will be doing as a project manager for Monsoon or if want to receive updates and prayer requests from Aileen so you can join her support team -- in prayer and/or with your financial resources -- let me know and I'll help make the connection.

1 comment:

  1. May God bless and fill the new gaps in each of your lives in this next chapter.

    ReplyDelete