Thursday, May 15, 2008

I can't believe all the SPRING I've been able to enjoy this year!

I love SPRING. Love the way it smells and love the way it looks. I love the way it feels and sounds and even the way it rains. 

Florida really doesn't have Spring - at least not the way I grew up loving it.

If you've been following this blog for more than a month, you know that I got to go to Amsterdam in early April when the bulbs were in full bloom and it was a wonderful SPRING deal.

Today I flew to Chicago (and back) for a meeting or two. Because I arrived early enough and took a risk and left just late enough (not a story for today), I drove through some areas where I was reminded of all my favorite things about Chicago Springtime, including an ABUNDANCE of my favorite favorite favorite: LILACS!  I took pictures. I walked and smelled -- sticking my face deep into the bush and breathing deeper still. 

I really didn't care what people thought. These were moments I had and I couldn't waste them wondering if I looked funny. I knew I did. 

It was absolutely delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment