Sunday, May 25, 2008

Got Milk?

New Zealand's Scott Dixon celebrated his Indianapolis 500 win by pouring the traditional race winner's drink - milk - over himself. I watched it.

To say that I watched the race would be an exaggeration. I had the race on while I was backing up image files onto disks from my laptop and downloading mp3 files onto another disk from my Mac.

I did notice that the race had more yellow flags than usual. Every time I looked up, someone was running their car into the wall or, as in the case of Danica Patrick, getting run into by someone else. That is, until the last 20 laps when the flag went green and the leaders were as tight as at the beginning of the race (almost) and they were all fueled up and ready to go.

I wouldn't probably care at all about this race on my own -- but living for 25 years in Indy, it gets into your blood even if you don't try. Funny how things are like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment